- Sam Bradford says he feels great about his knee right now and it’s better than what he was expecting. He thought it would hold up, but wasn’t sure per Reuben Frank of CSN Philly.
- Mark Sanchez saw action with the 1’s during today’s practice rotating in with Bradford.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com tweeted Tim Tebow has looked great and was “on fire” during team drills. This is not encouraging news for Matt Barkley.
- DeMarco Murray was sick and held out of team drills today. This is the 2nd practice he has missed, but nothing to be really concerned about.
- Ryan Mathews seems to be getting the 1st team reps in Murray’s absence.
- Rookie Nelson Agholor saw his first extensive action with the 1st team today as he got reps over Josh Huff. By all accounts Huff has looked good in practice too certainly much better than he did last year at this time.
- Recently signed guard John Moffitt got his crack with the first unit at right guard today. Matt Tobin and Andrew Gardner split reps during the previous practices. This battle will be played out during the 4 preseason contests.
- Kiko Alonso missed today’s practice due to a concussion he suffered from Tuesday’s session at the Linc. He collided with guard Malcom Bunche where the injury was sustained. He will be out while he goes through the league’s concussion protocol.
- Tight end Zach Ertz, close friend of Alonso, joked how he sustained the injury by practicing at full bore which is just the way Kiko’s wired.
- Rookie Jordan Hicks appeared to slide into Alonso’s role while Demeco Ryans and Mychal Kendricks rotated between the 1’s and 2’s as well.
- Fellow rookie Eric Rowe saw 1st team reps at corner today in place of Nolan Carroll. This was Rowe’s first time with the starting unit during camp. He had a nice play on Zach Ertz during practice.
- Chip and Bill Davis discussed the team getting more reps on average than any other team. Davis said it’s on average 2-3 more reps a day. Chip said he usually benefits the 2nd and 3rd team units the most.
- Chip also mentioned that undrafted rookie corner Denzel Rice has been turning heads and “seems to have a unique knack for always being around the ball.”
- The Eagles made a roster move by signing rookie outside linebacker Diaheem Watkins from UAB to take Travis Long’s spot after his ACL injury. Watkins is 6 foot 4 and 258 pounds. He’ll be at Thursday’s practice.
- In other news Desean Jackson reportedly separated his shoulder while hitting a blocking sled at Redskins practice Wednesday. He could miss a few weeks.
h/t @roobcsn, @eliotshorrparks, @jeff_McLane, @GeoffMosherCSN
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @birds_scoop
Check out @phillybldgreen for Birds design work
4th Podcast Coming Soon..DL Podbean App