The Eagles’ went into free agency with roughly 50 million in cap space after a number of roster moves. These moves allowed them to go after their current crop of free agents.
Here is a list and breakdown of each new contract:
- Brad Jones (age 28/6 years exp) -Signed a 2 year contract worth $2,850,000 with $500,000 guaranteed. He has a base salary of $850,000 in 2015 and $1,400,000 in 2016. In 2015 the Eagles’ will take a cap of $1,150,000. He will earn a signing bonus of $250,000 for each year he is in midnight green.
- Brandon Graham (age 26/5 years exp) – signed a 4 year contract worth $26,000,000. This contract is back loaded with a base salary of $3,000,000 in 2015 jumping up to $6,500,000 in 2018 if he is here for the duration of the contract. This contract includes a $4,000,000 singing bonus with $14,000,000 guaranteed. He will get a $2,000,000 roster bonus this year. Over the length of this contract he will make $6,500,000 each year.
- Kiko Alonso (age 24/2 years exp) – In the second year of his rookie deal, Alonso has 2 years left at a base salary of $745,946 in 2015 and $941,418 in 2016 (signed 4 yr/$4,300,401 contract with Buffalo). He was guaranteed $2,463,037 with an average salary of $1,075,100. He has a $50,000 work out bonus in each of the next 2 years.
- Sam Bradford (age 27/4 years exp) – Bradford signed a 6 yr/$78,045,000 as the first pick in 2010 draft. This deal includes a $17,975,000 signing bonus and $50,000,000 in guaranteed money. The Eagles’ have a cap hit of $12,985,500 in 2015 (last year of deal). If Bradford is the guy I fully expect this number to be re-worked and bradford extended by a year or 2.
- Byron Maxwell (age 27/4 years exp) – signed a 6 yr/$63,000,000 with $25,500,000 guaranteed. Maxwell will get a $6,000,000 signing bonus with an average salary of $10,500,000. This deal is back loaded with a base salary ranging from $9,500,000 – $10,500,000 in the last 3 years. I expect Maxwell to be here for 2 years maybe 3 as his dead cap number drops from $23,300,000 in 2016 to $3,600,000 in 2017.
- Mark Sanchez (age 28/6 years exp) – Sanchez signed a 2 year contract worth $9,000,000. This contract includes a $2,000,000 signing bonus with $5,500,000 guaranteed. The Eagles’ will have $5,500,000 in dead cap this year and $2,000,000 next year. He has a base salary of $2,500,000 in 2015 and $4,500,000 in 2016.
- Walter Thurmond (age 27/5 years exp) – signed a 1 year deal worth $3,250,000 with $2,000,000 guaranteed. Thurmond has a base salary of $1,250,000.
- Ryan Mathews (age 27/5 years exp) – signed a 3 year $11,000,000 contract with a $3,000,000 signing bonus including $5,000,000 guaranteed. The $3,000,000 signing bonus is deferred over 3 years $1,000,000 each year. There’s a chance Mathews is only here one year as the Eagles’ dead cap number drops from $5,000,000 to $3,000,000 after the first year.
- DeMarco Murray (age 27/4 years exp) – signed a 5 year $40,000,000 contract. Murray will get $21,000,000 guaranteed with an average salary of $8,000,000. His base salary in 2015 is only $1,000,000. That figure jumps up to $7,000,000 in 2016. Murray will potentially be here for 3 years as his dead cap figure in those years is: $18,000,000(2015), $13,000,000(2016), $5,000,000(2017). In 2018 that figure drops down $2,000,000 if the Eagles’ wanted to get out of the 5 year deal.
*all contract data per spotrac
follow us on twitter: @Birds_Scoop