It’s been an up and down couple of days for the Philadelphia Eagles. We have seen fan favorites shipped out-of-town for unknown often injured players. Veterans have been released, some have already signed with other clubs. A couple of 2014 Eagles have been brought back into the fold after it looked like they were history.
- James Casey – I honestly expected a little more out of Casey. In Houston he carved out a nice little niche’ as an H back, lining up all over the field. He simply could not get on the field here behind Celek and Ertz. Casey was a solid contributor on what was the best ST unit in the league last year.
- Todd Herremans – Not a surprising move to see Todd go. An aging veteran guard coming off of a season ending injury. Herremans was very versatile playing 4/5 positions on the line. He has signed with Indianapolis Colts.
- Cary Williams – a lighting rod from day one, Williams had an often criticized tenure. He didn’t practice at the beginning of the 13′ season due to a tooth ache and selection of wall sconces for his new home (I’m serious about the sconces). He was often seen with his hands up in the air looking confused after most plays. Pro Football Focus ranked Williams the 49th CB in football last year.
- Trent Cole – I was surprised the Eagles and Cole weren’t able come to an agreement on a restructured contract. Cole is an all time Eagle ranked 2nd in sacks behind Reggie White with 85.5. He joined Todd Herremans in Indy.
- LeSean McCoy – Shady was a fan favorite. Up to this point his entire football career was played in PA. He surpassed Wilbert Montgomery as the Eagles all time leading rusher. He finished his eagles career with: 1,461 ATT 6,793 YDS 4.6 YPC AVG and 44 TDs.
- Nick Foles – The fan base was divided on Foles. Half wanted him to stay and half wanted to ship him out. The half that wanted him shipped out probably didn’t expect or want Sam Bradford but that’s a topic for another day. Foles was a 3rd round draft pick in the 2012 NFL draft. He burst on the scene in 2013 with 27 TDs and 2 Ints. Foles didn’t have a skill set that blew anyone way but seemed to fit Kelly’s system. In a lack luster 2014 Foles seemed to regress leading to the trade a few days ago.
Stay tuned for roster additions.
Follow us on twitter: @Birds_Scoop